Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Sunday, January 2, 2011

Tardy for the (New Year's) Party



I feel like getting this post up only one day late is actually pretty impressive. The only reason it's getting done is I have a mountain of laundry sitting here and I will do just about anything to procastinate putting it away. We just returned from a very long trip home to Massachusetts. We celebrated our first christmas with JJ (who is one spoiled baby, I must say) and rang in the New Year at my best friend Alissa's wedding. She married a wonderful man, looked absolutely amazing and the wedding was SO much fun. The after party is still a bit hazy...but I feel like any good after party should be :)



I spent 8 hours in a car on New Years Day, which left a lot of time to reflect on the last year. I rang in 2010 VERY sober and newly pregnant and rang in 2011 very much not sober and spending the night away from my son for the very first time. I not only welcomed this beautiful boy into my life, but have a wonderful baby nephew now too! It's really been quite an eventful year. I know 2011 is going to be equally as exciting. We have quite a few big plans, including a 1st birthday party for JJ which I may or may not be already planning :) Work shows no signs of being less crazy. And because it's just that time of life...we have no less than 4 weddings to attend and quite a few babies on the way that we can't wait to meet!

As I sit here and write this, I can hear my nearly 6 month old baby chatting away, while rolling around on the ground. I'm amazed every day by how many changes are happening. I'm pretty sure we're into full fledged teething mode, if the fountain of drool is any indication. He's eating lots of new yummy foods...applesauce, pears, bananas and mom's favorite...avacado! The one bittersweet experience that I'm currently struggling with is I just finished breastfeeding. My goal was 6 months and I'm just one week shy of that. It was such an amazing thing, I'm so glad we were able to make it work. But with being back at work full time, it was just not working anymore. I'm sort of sad about it. Luckily, I still have LOTS of milk in the freezer and I have to be honest, I'm sort of excited about ditching the nursing bras :)

Happy 2011 everyone...I hope this year is even better than the last!

No comments:

Post a Comment