Lilypie Second Birthday tickers

Lilypie - Personal pictureLilypie Second Birthday tickers

Saturday, March 17, 2012

School's in session

So, it's yet another school weekend.  But Scott is in the home stretch!  He may or may not sit with this lovely clock on his desk at class...



I took that a while ago - I believe the countdown is at 61 days.  SWEET!

Do any of you out there find it hard to believe that Scott would have that on his desk, facing out towards his professors?  HAHA!

The one nice thing I try to do is cook him a really nice dinner on Saturdays when he's in school.  It's a long, long day for him.  I get requests during the week and while I cook, he gets some one on one time with JJ.  It has definitely not been easy on him to be away from our little guy every other weekend for over a year.  But it will all be worth it in the long run! 

Last session he requested bacon and leek risotto.  It's amazing.  The recipe had me at bacon but REALLY won us over with the fried egg you put on top (it calls for poached, we just prefer fried).  Runny egg yolk on top of creamy, wonderful risotto?  A match made in heaven.  Leeks are in season during the spring so go grab some and make this!


This saturday is St. Patrick's Day so he didn't get much of an option on his special home cooked meal.  Corned beef and cabbage, of course!  Best part - corned beef hash tomorrow!  Just like last year, I've had a brisket brining away all week.  If you haven't done this yet, please do it!  It's so easy and tastes amazing.  I'm trying to work up the motivation to make some soda bread this year too (to go with the kerrygold butter I splurged on.  MMMMMMM).

I hope you all have a wonderful St. Patrick's Day!  I have some beautiful irish eyes smiling at me today :)  Now, off to crack open a beer and get started on our irish feast!

Next class session - Scott has requested I make cookies.  I'll be back in a few weeks to show you the results!

No comments:

Post a Comment